Everyone is excited for the last long weekend of summer and we all want to make the most of it. You may spend your holiday camping for a few days or flying somewhere for a week but it's important to prepare your home. Creating a checklist is a great way to stay on track and make your holiday less stressful. Did I leave something in the fridge that will spoil? Did I lock all the doors? Have I unpluged my appliances?
Here's my checklist. Let me know what you think. What would you add to your list?
- Clean out fridge of all perishables.
- Unplug appliances.
- Bring your plants to a family or friends, or have them come by and water your plants.
- Use bug spray along the the doorways, you don't want any unexpected guests when you return.
- Automatic timed lights to give the illusion of someone being home.
- Clean up house and take care of laundry, nothing is worse than coming home from holidays to a big mess.
- Ask neighbour or friend to collect mail so it doesn't pile up for the longer trips.
- Double check all doors and windows before leaving.