Merry Chip-mas & Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed some time off with family and friends. If you are lucky you still have a few days off before heading back to work! If you are looking to get rid of your Christmas tree, here are a few options in the Tri-Cities:


Port Moody Fire Hall: January 6 and 7, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Chipping is done by donation and firefighters will even vacuum your car! All donations go to the BC Professional Fire Fighter’s Burn Fund. 

Coquitlam Kinsmen Club: Town Centre Park, Parking lot “B” off of Park Roadway. January ​6, 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM.


The Friends of Mundy Park Heritage Society: Mundy Park, gravel lot (off Hillcrest Street). January 6,

10:00 AM – 4:00 PM


Scouts Francophones de Maillardville: Canadian Tire Parking lot (1200 Seguin Drive, off Lougheed near IKEA). Saturday Jan. 6, 2018, 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM.

Port Coquitlam #1 Fire Hall: 1725 Broadway St, January 6 and 7, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. $5 minimum donation to benefit the BC Professional Fire Fighters Burn Fund. Call 604.927.5405 for information or to arrange pick-up service (minimum $5 donation). All wood chips created are used in city parks and trails
Residents of Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam can also dispose of their trees in the city-provided green waste bins, as long as they are chopped into small pieces. Port Moody does not allow Christmas trees to be disposed in bins. 



No comments

Post Your Comment: